Mishawaka man accused of strangling, stabbing ex-girlfriend

A Mishawaka man is facing multiple charges after allegedly stabbing and attempting to strangle his ex-girlfriend while there were two active no-contact orders against him, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Brandon Talton is facing the following charges: Battery, criminal confinement, strangulation, intimidation, battery by means of deadly weapon, and two counts of invasion of privacy.

The victim told police on July 1 she picked up Talton and took him to his residence on Pokagon Street in Mishawaka.

She told police she asked to use his restroom. When she tried to leave the home, Talton allegedly placed his body in front of the locked front door and wouldn't allow her to leave, reports said.

He allegedly said, "You are going to die tonight." They then began arguing about her seeing other people and he became upset, according to the probable cause affidavit.

The victim attempted to leave through the back door, then again through the front door, but Talton would not allow her to leave, report said.

Talton placed his forearm around her neck and she lost consciousness, according to the probable cause affidavit.

When she came to, Talton allegedly dragged her into the bathroom and began kicking her and told her she was going to die and no one would find her, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Talton then pushed the victim into the shower, turned off the lights and attempted to stab her with a knife. She fought back but he was still able to stab her several times in the chest, according to the probable cause affidavit.

He then began strangling her again and she fought back, so he punched her in the jaw, according to the probable cause affidavit.

After some time she convinced Talton to let her drive him somewhere to get synthetic marijuana. When she arrived at the destination, she convinced him she couldn't get out of the car, according to the probable cause affidavit.

When he got out, she took off and drove to the emergency room.

The victim was diagnosed with a concussion and swollen throat, according to police.

The probable cause affidavit says there are two no-contact orders active against Talton that prevents him from having contact with the victim.

The prosecutor's office requested a bond no less than $50,000 and that he be placed on GPS monitoring if released.

Share this article: