Morris Performing Arts Center implements new security measures
The Morris Performing Arts center will implement new security measures at the theater on March 9th.
All bags are subject to inspection and will be inspected by trained security personnel, according to a press release.
The following items are prohibited:
- Any additional items (as determined by security personnel) that could potentially cause harm
- Oversized purses or bags
- Backpacks or backpack style purses
- Chemical weapons such as mace and pepper spray
- Professional grade cameras with detachable lenses or laser pointers
- Professional grade audio / video recording devices
- Liquor, food or beverages
The following items may be subject to search but will be allowed in the theater.
- Small purses or bags
- Prescription medicines and devices
If you are in possession of a prohibited item, you will be required to dispose of the item or lock it in your vehicle.