New details in La Porte nursing home heroin overdose
La Porte police reports have identified 64-year-old Sharon Ann Walpole as the woman who was found overdosing on the floor of a room in Golden Living Center.
The Center's corporate office has said she is okay and they are working with police to find out how this happened.
Residents and families of residents are shocked that this happened.
Guy Geren lives in the facility. He said this is the "one time I ever heard of it, and I've lived in this town my whole life." He thought it was weird that heroin was in a nursing home.
Golden Living Center's Director of Communication, Michelle Metzger said that their main focus is the "safety and well being of our patients and residents is our highest priority." She adds, "we take that very seriously."
The grandson of another resident is suspected of bringing in the heroin, however it is still under investigation.