Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Niles home fire shocks neighbors

NILES, Mich. -- A person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after their home went up in flames.  It happened around 3 a.m. Saturday morning in Niles.  

An elderly Niles couple was in their home when the back bedroom started smoking and caught fire. 

The couple was able to make it safely as the fire department rushed in.  Neighbors were shocked to see all of it unfold right in front of them
 
"It was kind of scary because I heard they lived there for a very long time. So, I feel bad for them, and I hope they're okay," said neighbor Ruth Boney.
 
No word on the couples condition tonight or how the fire started.
 

Share this article: