Notre Dame announces new mask protocols on campus
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame has announced new mask protocols ahead of the upcoming school year.
The University is requiring anyone on campus to abide by the following protocols:
- Masks are not required while outdoors.
- Masks are optional indoors for Notre Dame faculty, students, and staff who are fully vaccinated. This includes residence halls.
- Masks will be required for vaccinated and unvaccinated faculty, students, and staff in some campus spaces when those spaces are generally open to the public.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks inside campus buildings, except when alone in a private office, in a personal residence hall room, or when eating or drinking.
- Faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated or who haven’t uploaded proof of vaccination must wear masks inside campus buildings except when alone in a private office or when eating or drinking.
- All visitors on campus, regardless of vaccination status, are expected to wear masks inside campus buildings except when eating or drinking.
- Every member of the Notre Dame community is expected to carry a mask at all times.
- Faculty may require students to wear masks in their classes, labs, or studios. Students are expected to respect those arrangements.
Masks are required, except when eating or drinking, in the public areas of the following campus buildings during times when they are generally open to the public:
- The Morris Inn
- Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore, both the on-campus and Eddy Street Commons locations
- First floor of Duncan Student Center between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily (hours subject to change)
- Lower level and first floor of LaFortune Student Center between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily (hours subject to change)
- Eck Visitors Center
- Snite Museum of Art
- Portions of McKenna Hall (when opened)
- Warren Golf Course clubhouse
This list could change.