Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Officials say fire in bathroom caused evacuation at Monger Elementary

ELkHART, Ind.—Officials said that a fire on Monday caused an evacuation at Monger Elementary School.

Monger students were evacuated from the building about a minute after a fire alarm started on Monday, around 9:30 a.m.

Students returned to the school about an hour later. No injuries were reported.

According to an Elkhart Community Schools spokesperson, the fire originated in the bathroom near the gym when a paper towel dispenser was set on fire.

The school is taking “appropriate action” with any students who may have been involved, the spokesperson said.

Parents and guardians of Monger students were notified of the situation, officials said.

Share this article: