Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

One person taken to hospital after house fire on Grant Street

NOW: One person taken to hospital after house fire on Grant Street

NEXT:

SOUTH BEND, Ind.—One person was taken to the hospital after a house fire on Grant Street on Monday morning.

Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1700 block of S. Grant Street just before 8:30 a.m. for reports of the fire.

One man was inside of the home at the time of the fire and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries that included burns to the head and hand, officials said.

Fire crews found a "heavily involved house fire with flames and smoke venting from the structure," according to investigators.

The fire was under control as of 9:45 a.m. but multiple units remained on scene.

During an investigation, officials found that the fire began in a rear enclosed porch area on the main level of the home when an ashtray was dumped into a garbage can on the porch. 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?