Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Parents charged in son's death

SYRACUSE, Ind. -- The parents of a 12-year-old who died of carbon monoxide poising have been charged in their son's death.  Darrick W. Spore, 34, and Candy S. Chamness, 34, have each been charged with one count of neglect of a dependent and one count of reckless homicide.


Skyler Spore, 12, was found dead June 28 around 3:45 p.m. on the floor of an upstairs bedroom at 202 West Washington Street.


Syracuse Police and EMS arrived after someone called the Kosciusko County dispatch about a person not breathing.


The investigation revealed the boy had been deceased for several hours when he was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning.


The electricity had been cut to the home the day before and Skyler's parents were using a generator in the basement and one on the porch to provide electricity to the home.


During the time Skyler's death happened, investigators say Darrick and Candy were under the influence of methamphetamine.





 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?