Pop up concert series being hosted in St. Joseph
ST. JOSEPH, Mich. -- The Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra has announced the schedule for the summer “Pop Up!” concert series that they will be presenting throughout June and August.
Community members are invited to attend any and all of the nine free concerts that will be hosted during the summer.
Anyone looking to attend is welcomed to bring a chair, a blanket, food and beverages to enjoy during the concerts.
The following concerts will be hosted throughout the month of June at 4 p.m. at the Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library, 500 Market Street, St. Joseph, Michigan:
- June 2: The Iridescent Zeal Quartet; this will be a powerhouse program of 18th and 19th century masters.
- June 9: Helen Lukan and Wendy Rose; program to be determined.
- June 16: Bennett Duo; performing a variety of classical, fiddle, Irish, jazz and popular show tunes.
- June 23: Quartet of Irina Kagan, Nick Orbovitch, Sean Diller and Sara Thomas; Shostakovich String Quartet plus a mix of light classical and pop.
- June 30: Aubergine Brass Quintet; program to be determined.
The following concerts will be hosted throughout the month of August at 5:30 p.m. at the Krasl Art Center, 707 Lake Bluff Boulevard, St. Joseph, Michigan:
- August 4: Richard Neckerman and Helen Lukan – includes music selections such as Hyfrydol Aspects, Sound of Silence, Tumpeter’s Lullaby and a piano solo.
- August 11: The Norwood Trio; “In the Garden” musical selections.
- August 18: Brandon LePage and Rachel Miller; a dance-themed program.
- August 25: Brook Bennett, Mark Portolese, Sara Churchill, and David Machavariani; Franz Shubert Cello Quintet in C major D. 956.