Railroad crossing upgrades expected to disrupt traffic
The Canadian National Railroad will be working on replacing railroad ties from the Indiana-Michigan state line northward to the Village of Penn in Cass County.
Work will begin on Monday, April 11.
Crews will work on one track at a time. As part of the program, the following crossings will be rebuilt or improved:
The crossings will be closed for approximately 2 weeks while crews are working on the upgrades.
Railroad officials say they will contact emergency services, schools and the Road Commission before each closure.
The following road crossings will be done with the first track line tie replacement:
- US 12 in Edwardsburg
- Pine Lake Street west of M 62
- Evan Street west of M 62
- Hospital Street west of M 62
- Decatur Road at Fox Street
- Gards Prairie Road north of Fox Street
The remaining road crossings will be done with the second tracks tie replacement:
- Redfield Street east of Conrad Road
- Harris Street west of M 62
- Jefferson Center Street west of M 62
The project is estimated to be completed by the middle of June.