Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Resident injured in kitchen fire early Monday morning

A 63-year-old man was injured in a house fire at an apartment on Lamonte Terrace early Monday morning, according to the South Bend Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the fire in the 400 block of W. Lamonte Terrace at 12:25 a.m.

The fire was in the kitchen of a second floor apartment.

Firefighters said there was an unattended pan of oil on the stove.

The resident, a 63-year-old man, suffered burns to his upper body.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment.

The fire caused approximately $20,000 damage to the apartment.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?