Road construction suspended for holiday weekend
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Both Indiana and Michigan are limiting road construction projects over the holiday weekend in anticipation of heavy traffic.
Both states are suspending road work the afternoon of August 30th through the morning of Tuesday, September 3rd.
Notable road restrictions to be lifted in Indiana:
Kern Road, between U.S. 31 and Locust Rd
I-80/94, Lake County
Westbound I-80/94 ramp to northbound Cline Ave
Restrictions remaining in place over holiday weekend in Indiana
I-94 lane restrictions for bridge work, 1.5 miles east of U.S. 20 exit
I-94 lane restrictions for bridge work, 1 miles east of Indiana Toll Road exit
Hammond, Lake County
SR 152 Nine Span Bridge closed
U.S. 6 Bridge closed, 2 miles east of U.S. 35
U.S. 35 Bridge closed, .5 mile south of U.S. 30
St. Joseph County
SR 933 (Lincolnway) Bridge closed, 1 mile west of Elkhart County line
U.S. 31 Bypass lane restrictions, between U.S. 20 exit and Brick/Cleveland exit
SR 23/Five Points area, multiple side street closures in the area
Over the Labor Day holiday, the following work zones will have active lane restrictions in place in Michigan:
- I-94, Berrien County, will have two lanes open in each direction between Sawyer and Bridgman.
- I-94, Berrien County, will have two lanes open in each direction over Hickory Creek between St. Joseph and Stevensville.
- I-194 in Battle Creek, Calhoun County, will have one lane open in each direction from Columbia Road to Hamblin Street.
- M-43, St. Joseph County, will have lane and ramp closures at US-131; all lanes will be open on US-131.
- US-12 in New Buffalo, Berrien County, will have one lane open in each direction at the I-94 interchange. One lane will be open over the Galien River bridge east of Hoder Road.