Saint Joseph Health System updates visitation rules
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – Saint Joseph Health System is updating its visitation guidelines at all of its locations to provide the highest level of safety they can for both patients and visitors. These new guidelines take effect on November 5th.
Beginning November 5th, no visitors will be permitted at SJHS locations except under special cases.
Limited exceptions can be made for:
- Maternal Child Services units
- Surgical, procedural, testing, and treatment departments
- Non-COVID patients receiving end-of-life care
- Minors or developmentally/cognitively impaired adults admitted to the hospital
For the above exceptions, only one visitor daily will be allowed if they:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Wear an approved mask at all times
- Are symptom-free of respiratory infection
- Pass a COVID-19 screening as they enter
Policies may vary by location.