Seal suffers burns at welcome home party
Posted: Feb 26, 2013 11:43 PM EDT | Updated: Nov 5, 2014 6:49 PM EDT
WARMINSTER, Pa. -- A 31-year-old Navy Seal will spend at least 3-weeks in a medically induced coma.
Firefighters say he was at home in Pennsylvania celebrating an end to his most recent tour of duty.
While he was enjoying the festivities the chimney exploded.
Someone put gasoline on the logs to get them to burn because they were wet.
For his family, the accident has been heart breaking.
"It is just horrible and this kid was so happy to be home. He wasn't deployed anywhere. It wasn't Iraq or Afghanistan. He was home," said Joe Desch, grandfather.
The Navy Seal has burns over 77 percent of his body and could be in the hospital for months.