Some Michigan City beaches reopening Friday
Michigan City will be reopening Washington Park, Fedder's Alley and the Esplanade on Friday.
Access to beaches at stops 2-13 will be open to swimmers, runners, walkers and activities.
Washington Park is open only to those with 2019 or 2020 beach stickers. It will be open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All residents are required to wear face coverings except when in the water swimming or exercising.
- No groups of more than 10 people will be permitted
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times when in public
- Facial coverings are not required for:
- Children under 3-years old
- Persons who have trouble breathing due to a chronic pre-existing condition; persons who are not able to remove face coverings without assistance or on their own
- Persons involved in strenuous activity
- While in the lake
- Facial coverings must be worn in restrooms
- Facial coverings that are wet are ineffective (beachgoers should bring an additional clean and dry face covering to replace a face covering that becomes wet or dirty)
- Social distancing is not required for family members who reside together, up to a maximum of 10 people
- Beachfront restrooms
- Access to restrooms is limited to maintain 6 feet of separation between individuals
- Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected every 2 to 3 hours
Beach activities that are permitted, with facial covering or six feet of distance between people of different households include:
- Sitting and eating among families of the same household
Activities not permitted
- No groups larger than 10 persons can congregate
- No shared equipment among people from different households
- No canopies/tents
- No organized or group activities involving groups of 2 or more
- No special events, including group picnics
- No dogs or pets on the beach
- No fishing on the beach
- No littering
- No grilling
- No fires