South Bend ReLeaf program begins Monday, October 29
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The city of South Bend's Fall ReLeaf program will begin Monday, October 29th.
Below are the guidelines for the Fall ReLeaf program according to the city:
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
- Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers crews from collecting leaves.
- Burning of leaves is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents can call 311 with any questions.
If residents need leaves collected before the program starts, they can call and request early pickups which will take place the week of October 22nd.
Residents can call 311 to request those early leaf pickups.
After the program begins, residents will not need to call to request leaf pickups.
The leaf pickup will continue until Tuesday, November 27th.