South Bend Common Council intervening after child gets lead poisoning in historic home

NOW: South Bend Common Council intervening after child gets lead poisoning in historic home

NEXT:

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The South Bend Common Council is stepping in after a child was diagnosed with lead poisoning due to windows in a historic home.

South Bend’s Historical Preservation Committee originally denied several requests by the family to replace the windows because the committee wanted to preserve them.

After emphasizing a need for better communication, the Common Council voted six to one to allow the windows to be replaced.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?