South Bend Cubs announce new food options this season
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The South Bend Cubs have announced several new food options at Four Winds Field this season.
Executive Chef Josh Farmer has added two new types of macaroni and cheese, two new burger options and two new chicken options.
Mac and Cheese:
- Barbecue mac and cheese: Mac and cheese topped with pulled pork, scallions, bacon and barbecue sauce
- Cajun mac and cheese: Mac and cheese including andouille sausage with Cajun oil and spices
- Prime rib burger: Prime rib burger topped with caramelized onions, Swiss cheese and a horseradish cream sauce
- Cajun burger: Cajun burger topped with pepper jack cheese, andouille sausage and Cajun mayo
- Basket with buffalo chicken sliders and French fries
- Southwest chicken wrap: honey wheat wrap with achiote chicken, avocado ranch, corn, black beans, cilantro and red onion
"Josh and our kitchen staff have done a tremendous job with our dining options for the past few years," said Team President Joe Hart. "A common suggestion from our fans was to increase the variety and introduce new items to the menu. Our focus has always been and will always be the quality of our food.”
Fans have also requested healthier options at games. This year, there will be a fresh fruit cart on the concourse.
“We are always trying to deliver a better quality product through our entire menu,” said Farmer. “It’s important to all of us and especially myself to make sure our fans are served the best food options possible with a creative flare.”