Leaf pickup in South Bend to begin late October
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 8:41 PM EDT
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The City of South Bend’s Fall ReLeaf program begins on October and will last until November 27.
Crews will collect leaves according to a routine pickup schedule.
The City asks that residents follow their guidelines for the Fall ReLeaf program:
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
- Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers leaf collection.
- Leaf burning is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents can call 311 with any questions.
As part of the City’s Yard Waste program, residents can also dispose of leaves via their yard waste bins. A weekly collection schedule will run through the last week of November.
To schedule an extra yard waste pickup, fill out the online form or call 311.