South Bend Police Department seeking applicants for new officers
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The deadline to submit an application with the South Bend Police Department is January 23.
The Department says that upon submitting the application, there will be a mock physical fitness test at 8 a.m. on January 25 at the Training Division of the South Bend Police Department located at 701 W. Sample Street.
There will then be another physical fitness at 7 a.m. on February 15 test at Loftus Sports Center on the Notre Dame Campus.
Officials with the Department encourage you prepare for the fitness test in order to fulfill every requirement.
The Department has laid out several benchmarks by which they will assess every participant:
- Vertical Jump Test (Standard: 16 inches or greater)
- Timed Sit Up Test (29 in one minute or less)
- 300 Meter Run (Complete in 71 seconds or less)
- Push Up Test (Complete 25 push-ups with no time limit)
- 1.5 Mile Run (Complete in 16:28 or less)
- Pistol Trigger Pull Test (Complete 6 pulls in 10 seconds or less)