St. Joseph County spring cleanup efforts postponed
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. – The Spring Cleanup effort between the City of Three Rivers and Waste Management to remove items from residential properties was set to take place the week of April 27. With the increase of the coronavirus in the area, the event has been postponed until further notice.
Spring Cleanup is a one-time event meant to help residents get rid of items that may need to go to the landfill.
If Waste Management is not your trash pickup service, your regular trash will be picked up separately.
The pickup does not include the downtown area, which will have designated dumpsters in the East and West Parking lots once the event is rescheduled.
The following restrictions apply to any items being disposed:
- Must be neatly placed curbside.
- No refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners without certification sticker that shows all freon has been removed.
- No household garbage.
- No items over five feet long, three feet wide, or three feet high.
- No items weighing over 100 pounds.
- No automotive/marine batteries.
- No tires or rims.
- Nothing prohibited from TYPE II landfills such as paints, solvents, oils, etc. Open paint cans with dry paint will be accepted.
- No propane cylinders.
- All construction/demolition materials must be less than one cubic yard in volume.
- No lawnmowers or small engines unless all gasoline has been removed.
- Total curbside volume does not exceed three cubic yards.
- Windows, glass, and mirrors must be less than three feet by four feet.
More information can be found on the city’s website or by calling 269-273-1075.