Third COVID-19 death reported in Elkhart County
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 3:44 PM EDT
The Elkhart County Health Department announced a third person with COVID-19 has died and they are waiting for additional confirmations.
In the county, 808 people have been tested. Of those, 27 were positive.
There have been a total of three deaths.
Because the tests are in short supply, not everyone who is suspected of having COVID-19 is tested.
The county asks residents to stay home and stay safe.
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and or congregations of 10 or more)
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.