Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Unattended Pan Causes Family to Flee

SOUTH BEND, Ind.-- An unattended pan left on a stove caused a family to flee their home this morning in Saint Joseph County.

Clay fire territory says just before 11 am a kitchen fire caused the house on Arbor Drive to fill with smoke.

The people inside were able to escape and called 9-1-1.

Clay fire crews quickly put out the fire that was only in the kitchen.

But smoke damaged the entire home.

Share this article: