Worker suffers burns while performing maintenance on electrical transformer

STURGIS, Mich. -- A man performing maintenance on a transformer was transported to the hospital after suffering burns from an electric shock, according to Sturgis Fire.

Sturgis Fire and an ambulance responded to the 1800 block of S. Centerville Road at 11 a.m. Monday and located a man who was incoherent on a platform between two power poles.

The man was performing maintenance on the transformer when he was shocked.

Because of the high voltage dangers, the fire department called in the Sturgis Electric Department to assist with shutting off the power and removing the victim from the platform.

The victim was taken to Sturgis hospital, then flown to Memorial Hospital with third degree burns to his right hand, arm and chest.

His current condition is unknown.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?