Jason Klaer, Producer
Jason Klaer is a producer for ABC 57 and began his producing career in July 2017. He has experience producing for television and radio at his alma mater, Illinois State University.
Before WBND, Jason worked in the Marketing and Promotions department at CBS Radio Chicago. He was responsible for the execution of several events throughout the Chicagoland area. He kindled relationships with various Chicago professional athletes and venue management. He was also tasked with managing the talent at remote broadcasts.
Jason graduated from ISU in December 2016 with a major in journalism and minor in political science. Klaer earned leadership positions across several student organizations. He was the sports producer at 103.3 WZND as well as the co-sports editor for The Vidette, the student-run newspaper of ISU. Jason also served as the Vice President of Social Media for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars as well as the web editor for The Indy, an independent newspaper in Bloomington-Normal.
In his final semester, he was hired by ESPN3 as a crewmember to Redbird Athletics sporting events. Jason was primarily in the control room running replay or working a camera on the court. He is an avid sports fan who worked as an Illinois State women’s basketball scout player for four and a half seasons.
Jason is originally from Oak Lawn, Ill. He is excited to begin his journalism career in South Bend for ABC 57 News. You can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles by Jason Klaer
- Transpo and South Shore Line adding service for Michigan vs. Notre Dame
- Doctors warn of T.H.C use and breast feeding
- Several cars slide off in Elkhart County Bypass
- Water main breaks on Ironwood south of Ireland
- Two injured in Cass County Snow Mobile Accident
- Two Car Crash on U.S. 20 Bypass
- Fire Crews Responding to South Bend House Fire
- Crews responding to Elkhart house fire
- Car rolls over on U.S. 12 and Portage Road
- Man dies in Elkhart County crash