Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Chicago family found unconscious from carbon monoxide

Four family members were found unconscious in their home from breathing in carbon monoxide.

Fire officials say there was a problem with the stove the family was using to heat their home.

Officials said a woman returned home and found her husband and other family members passed out.

“I just saw them bringing bodies out of the house. They were bringing them out, somebody had the top and somebody had the feet, and they were just laying them on the ground," said witness Claudette Stephen.

The family members were taken to the hospital, treated and released.
Share this article: