City of South Bend offers free Christmas tree disposal
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The City of South Bend has a couple of options for the disposal of Christmas trees after the holiday.
Citizen’s can drop off their Christmas trees off at Organic Resources, located at 4340 Trade Dr.
The other option is to schedule a pickup on southbendin.gov/treepickup by calling 311.
In order to schedule a pickup, the citizen must have trash services provided through the city.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines for the pickup:
- All trees should be placed at curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Do not place trees in the street or in alleys.
- Make sure the tree is not near any cars, mailboxes, containers or under any low hanging power lines or tree limbs.
- Remove all lights, ornaments, and metal, including tree stands or nails, and any plastic coverings.
- Artificial trees and trees containing any metal, glass, or wire will not be collected and will be the owner’s responsibility to dispose.
The city would like to remind everyone that Pinhook Park is not a drop off location.
The free disposal program will run from Dec. 26th to Feb. 1st.
For further information on Christmas tree disposal, please call the City of South Bend's 311 customer service.