Concord High School planning for in-person graduation
ELKHART, Ind. – Administrators and district officials at Concord High School are collaborating with the Elkhart County Health Department on planning an in-person graduation ceremony for 2020 seniors.
School officials say the event will take place at Jake Field at Concord High School on July 20 if approved.
The graduation ceremony will adhere to social distancing guidelines issued by Governor Eric Holcomb.
The goal of the ceremony is to provide a safe and memorable experience for family and graduating seniors, according to the School.
There is also a virtual commencement scheduled to take place at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 29.
Several safety measures have already been laid out for students and attendees:
- Guests will be limited to 2 per graduate to allow for social distancing
- The Class of 2020 will be grouped into smaller segments
- Approximately 40 students will participate in each session
- Families will need to exit the campus after their student completes their walk across the stage in an effort to avoid a large group exiting at the same time
- Individuals will be required to wear a face mask or covering
The in-person graduation is optional.
Any alterations to the Governor’s reopening plan could result in the cancellation of the in-person event.