Deputies: Man's burns due to meth lab explosion
KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. – The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a meth lab explosion that severely burned 31-year old Toby Daniel Jackson of Warsaw.
Initially, Jackson told deputies he was burning trash with gasoline Wednesday morning and the fire flashed back and burned him, reports said.
He was transferred to the St. Joseph Regional Burn Center, Fort Wayne with 2nd degree burns to his arms, neck, and hands, according to reports.
While investigating, deputies were unable to find the location where Jackson said he was burning the trash.
Deputies searched several locations but were unable to find the site.
Later in the day, undercover officers were led to the area of Armstrong Road and CR 675 East, just west of North Webster, where they located a one pot meth lab that had exploded.
Kosciusko County Drug Task Force officers are forwarding charges related to the meth lab to the county prosecutor’s office for review.