Elkhart County Health Department services update
Posted: Mar 20, 2020 2:58 PM EST
The Elkhart County Health Department has temporarily changed its services in response to COVID-19.
- WIC will be providing services by phone. All appointments scheduled will be held via phone within the day of your appointment, not necessarily at the time of your appointment. If you need to make an appointment or speak with a nutritionist, please call 574-522-0104 for the Elkhart office or 574-535-6765 for the Goshen office.
- Healthy Beginnings Dental Clinic is only seeing emergency only patients at this time. If your child is experiencing pain, feel free to contact us at 574-522-6702 to speak with the clinic.
- Health Education will not be providing educational opportunities until further notice.
- Community Health Nursing has temporarily closed the breast and cervical cancer program. Routine TB testing will not be conducted until further notice. Due to decreased demand, the immunization clinic will have limited hours. Please call 574-523-2127 for more information. The sexually transmitted infection clinic (STI) will be by appointment only.
- Environmental Health is operating as normal.
- Vital Records is open, but its recommended you use Vital Chek for birth certificates (www.vitalchek.com). Or you may call for instructions on how to obtain your documents by mail. If appearing in person, you may be asked to wait in another area until a Vital Records specialist can assist you. For questions, you may contact us at 574-523- 2283.