Elkhart firefighters rescue dog, puppies from burning home
ELKHART, Ind. -- Firefighters in Elkhart rescued a dog and her puppies during a late night blaze.
It sparked around 11 Thursday night on West Marion Street.
When crews got on the scene, they say heavy smoke engulfed the back of the place and flames ripped through the basement of the apartment.
The dog and her pups were trapped inside, but crews were able to rescue them.
No one was hurt and firefighters were able to quickly get things under control.