Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Breaking News

Firework mishap takes three fingers from man and hope from family

Photo courtesy Amanda Bowerman/ GO FUND ME

OSCEOLA, Ind. – After a firework explodes in the palm of a man’s hand, he is left without some of his fingers and his family is left looking for help.

Justin and Amanda Bowerman were attending a graduation party Saturday when 22-year-old Justin lit a firework for a group kids.

That firework exploded as he was holding it.

According to his wife Amanda, Justin lost three of his fingers and suffered severe burns to other parts of his body.

Emotionally, she explained Justin had just started a new job three weeks ago so she could stay home and care for their two young children.

Amanda says their family has no insurance and with more surgeries promised in the future, the family is now looking for the next step.

The family plans to share their story with ABC57 News Wednesday.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Amanda. If you would like to donate, click here.

Share this article: