First responders save Michigan infant choking on possible drug paraphernalia

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich.-- Deputies and firefighters came to the aid of a 10-month-old infant who was choking, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.

On September 29, deputies were called to a home in Pontiac for a report of an unconscious 10-month-old infant who was not breathing.

Deputies and firefighters performed CPR and immediately took the child to the hospital.

Firefighters loaded the child into the backseat of a patrol car and continued CPR while a deputy drove to the hospital, reports said.

The infant was resuscitated, police said.

Doctors told detectives that the child had choked on an object and went into cardiac arrest.

The child’s parents told investigators that the child possibly found drug paraphernalia in a trash can and ingested it, according to the sheriff’s office.

The incident remains under investigation and Child Protective Services was notified, according to police.

Police did not release the victim’s name and did not indicate whether or not charges were filed in the incident.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?