Governor Holcomb press conference on COVID-19
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 5:40 PM EDT
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb held a press conference Thursday afternoon to discuss the latest developments regarding COVID-19 in the state.
Gov. Holcomb outlined these new additional efforts in an executive order he signed on Thursday.
- The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has suspended the one-week waiting period that is required before paying unemployment benefits to allow claimants to receive their checks more quickly. The suspension is retroactive to March 8, 2020.
- Hoosiers with chronic health issues will be able to receive a 90-day supply of their non-controlled prescription medication, such as insulin or cholesterol medications.
- Medicaid recipients can use their benefits to cover costs of using alternate forms of transportation, such as ride-sharing services, for appointments to see their healthcare providers.
- The Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) has additional funding flexibility to allow for additional home delivery of meals.
- The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) has extended deadlines related to local government finances.
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!