Michigan City Senior Center reopens for business
MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. - Michigan City Senior Center will be reopening on Wednesday, July 15. There will be a new schedule when they reopen for their activities Monday through Friday.
Activities include billiards, woodcarving, ceramics, ping pong, knitting/crochet, computer access, and painting club Monday through Thursday, with social hours on Fridays.
Their new safety protocols will include:
- Members need to wear a mask while inside until at their activity area.
- Only members, staff, and emergency personnel will be allowed in the facility. No visitors or guest will be allowed.
- The front door of the center will be locked, and if there is a line, members need to be six feet apart at all times. When staff opens the door, temperatures will be checked with a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- Once the member is in the building they will sign a disclaimer.
- Entry to the building will be allowed ten minutes before and after the start time of an activity, and if attending both sessions, members will have to leave and come back.
- There will be two people per table, and 50% occupancy of their 36 tables.
- There will be no access to the kitchen or the drinking fountain, and members will be asked to bring their own drinks.
- There will also be no use of the tv’s, pianos, or Wii gaming systems.
Anyone not following these new rules will be asked to leave the facility.
For more information on the new safety measures as well as the schedule, visit their Facebook page or call at 219-873-1504.