Salvation Army to begin registration for Christmas Assistance program
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – The Salvation Army Kroc Center has announced registration dates for their annual Christmas Assistance Program.
The Center is again helping families experiencing financial hardships have a merry Christmas.
Registration for the program will take place at the the Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center at 900 West Western Avenue in South Bend.
Below are the dates and times for South Bend Registration:
- Monday, October 22nd - Thursday, October 25th, 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 12:30-3 p.m.
- Friday, October 26th – Saturday, October 27th, 9:00 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Monday, October 29th – Tuesday, October 30th, 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 12:30-3 p.m.
Mishawaka residents can also apply at the Mishawka Food Pantry at 315 Lincolnway West.
That registration date for those residents is Thursday, November 1st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those needing assistance must bring the following in order to register:
- ID and Social Security CARD FOR ALL ADULTS IN HOUSEHOLD: Driver’s License, Passport or Green Card
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SS CARD FOR ALL CHILDREN
- DOCUMENTATION FOR ALL INCOME: Paycheck Stubs, Social Security statements etc.
- EVIDENCE OF CURRENT ADDRESS: Current lease or Current utility with Name and Address on it
Residents that qualify for assistance will receive a holiday meal plus clothing and toys for children 12 and under provided by Angel Tree and Toys for Tots.