South Bend Pride to take over downtown streets
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The LGBTQ Center is preparing to take over the streets of downtown South Bend for this year's pride celebration. The organization is hosting its first ever block party.
The LGBTQ Center has hosted Pride celebrations for the last several years at locations like Four Winds Field and Howard Park. This is the first time the event will be held in the heart of downtown.
Interim Director Jamie Morgan stopped by ABC57 News to talk about this year's celebration.
It's happening Saturday July 8 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. along Michigan Street between Washington and Wayne Streets.
The event is free and open to people of all ages.
There will be several activities including:
- Music by DJ PB (3-4pm & 5-6pm) and The Ember Jar (4-5pm)
- Art Gallery: “A Visual Journey: From AIDS to Marriage Equality” by photographer Mark A. Lee
- Selfie Station with Snapchat App geofilter at the S-O-S of the Family Justice Center booth
- Share your Pride story at the InterAction Inc. booth
- LGBTQ Reading Nook by the Civil Rights Heritage Center
- Feminist coloring with Pro Choice South Bend
- Pride gift basket auction by Brenda Rose Associate Auctioneer with Metzger Property Services, LLC benefiting The LGBTQ Center
For more information on the Pride Block Party click here.
There will also be a 21+ after party at Woochi. You can find more information on that by clicking here.