Suspect in Notre Dame knife threat incident charged
St. Joseph County Jail SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- We are learning the name of the suspect in the alleged knife threat incident at the University of Notre Dame.
Alan Arceneaux was officially charged in the case today, May 19. Court documents show that officers were called to Stinson-Remick Hall on reports that a woman had just been threatened by a man with a knife.
The alleged victim, Ruiting Xu, stated she was sitting in a room at her desk when Arceneaux entered. She says the room she was in was only accessible via keycard. However, a block had been holding it open; when Arceneaux allegedly entered the room, Xu says that he removed the block to fully shut the door and lock her in. Xu alleges that he tried to close the blinds himself, before ordering her to close them.
Xu claims that another person entered the room, at which point Arceneaux put the knife away. He then allegedly asked where the restroom was and left the area. According to the documents, officers later found Arceneaux carrying a folding knife and bb gun. When they showed him still images of security footage, he allegedly said the person in the video was himself. He also claimed he was just looking for a restroom, and that he did not remember anything about the alleged incident.
Additional court documents show Arceneaux is also currently charged with Domestic Battery committed in the presence of a child less than 16 years old.
No court date has been set.
