TRANSPO seeks input on switch to designated stops
The South Bend Public Transportation Corporation (TRANSPO) is moving from a flag stop system to a designated stop system and would like the public’s input on where to put the new stops.
There are several ways to contact TRANSPO to request your favorite locations for designated stops:
- Pick up a Designated Bus Stop Location Request form from South Street Station; mail the completed form to TRANSPO or drop off at Information Booth
- Get a Designated Bus Stop Location Request form from an Ambassador on the bus; fill out the form and return to the Ambassador during your ride
- Visit www.sbtranspo.com/news.php to print out the Designated Bus Stop Location Request; mail the form to TRANSPO or drop off at the Information Booth
- Email [email protected] with bus stop location requests
- Call 574-232-9901 to share bus stop location requests.
TRANSPO will collect requests through Saturday, December 1.
In January 2013, TRANSPO will hold public meetings with maps of the potential bus stop sites and will receive feedback.
The bus stop locations will be finalized in February 2013 and will begin the switch to designated in March 2013. The switch will be complete by September 2013.