Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Two residents injured in separate fires with same cause

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Two South Bend residents were hospitalized over the weekend in two separate fires that were both caused by an unattended pan of oil heating up on the stove, according to the South Bend Fire Department.

Around 7 p.m. Saturday, firefighters were called to 3002 Bentley Lane for a fire.

When crews arrived, they found the male occupant of the home had extinguished the fire.

He was transported to the hospital for burns to his hands, arms, legs and feet, fire officials said.

Firefighters say the fire originated with an unattended pan of cooking oil heating up on the stove top.

Around 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, firefighters were called to 807 N. Portage Avenue for a fire.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered the fire had been mostly extinguished by the resident.

The female resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters determined the fire originated with an unattended pan of cooking oil heating up on the stove.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?