Victims of carbon monoxide incident on Lake Michigan identified
The Berrien County Sheriff's Department has released the identities of the man who died and the two who were injured, possibly from carbon monoxide exposure, on Lake Michigan on Thursday.
On Thursday, the Berrien County Sheriff's Department was notified of an emergency on a boat in Lake Michigan off Jean Klock Park.
First responders found three victims on the boat and all were transported to area hospitals.
Leonard Anthony Russian, 53, was dead on arrival.
Lorri Lynn Mroz, 45, was taken to Lakeland Hospital in St. Joseph.
Richard E. Cook, 63, was taken to Grand Rapids for treatment.
Several first responders were also taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure.
The sheriff's department is investigating it as accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.