Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Atlanta woman says e-cigarette exploded

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta woman says her electronic cigarette almost burned down her home.

The woman plugged in her electronic cigarette into her computer to charge when it exploded and caught fire.

She grabbed a towel and yanked the electronic cigarette out of her computer but the flames spread to her couch and rug.

"It sounded like a bomb, okay; my walls rattled, okay, everything. It shook the house up. I screamed, you know? It was a real freak out moment," said Elizabeth Wilkowski.

The store where she bought it said they will offer her a different brand for free but EHIT has not responded to her complaint.

Share this article: