Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Barn full of fireworks provides rude wake up

LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Some residents near Lafayette got a rude wake-up wake call after a barn full of fireworks caught fire.

Fire crews responded to a fire at around 7 a.m. on Friday after neighbors reported hearing several loud booms and saw heavy smoke.

Firefighters say that the barn was filled with farming equipment, ammunition, chemicals and thousands of dollars worth of fireworks. Crews also had to worry about nearby propane tanks.

"We were able to keep the LP tanks and the diesel tanks cool," Pine Village Fire Captain Cody Craigin said.

There were no injuries and investigators are unsure how the fire started.

Share this article: