Clean up starts on another school mercury spill
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.-- Another mercury spill at a school, this time in Alabama.
A sixth-grade bout said he didn't know that what he was playing with was mercury.
The boy was playing with a three pound glass of the chemical element, and knocked it over.
The student has been tested and so far, is okay.
His mother is still concerned about him and said, "They said they are going to send someone to the house so hopefully there's no bad levels, and they'll let us know the proper precautions we need to take."
Mercury detectors found small beads around the boy's school and said that it will take a few more days to clean it all up.