Eddy Street to close for next phase of construction in March
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The long-term street closure of Eddy Street is set to begin March 1st, 2018.
Kite Reality Group will begin the next phase of construction on Eddy Street on Thursday.
The City of South Bend stated the following roads will be closed for 20 months:
- Eddy Street from Napoleon Boulevard to Howard Street
- St. Vincent Street between Frances Street and Georgiana Avenue
According to the city, Eddy Street between Napoleon and Angela Boulevards will be open throughout the entire construction period.
Beginning Thursday, detour routes will be in place for 24 hours a day until the construction is complete.
Southbound traffic on Eddy Street will be detoured:
- West on Napoleon Street to Notre Dame Avenue
- South on Notre Dame Avenue to Howard
- East on Howard to rejoin Eddy Street
St. Vincent Street will reopen between Eddy Street and Georgiana Avenue in summer 2019.
You can visit this website to see updated road information during the construction process.