Emergency crews battle roof fire at Benton Harbor elementary school
BENTON HARBOR, Mich. – Firefighters responded to flames that broke out at an elementary school in Benton Harbor.
It sparked around 9 p.m. Monday at Henry C. Morton Elementary School on North Hull Avenue.
Firefighters said flames spread across 25 percent of the roof and somehow rubber material used on the roof caught on fire, along with the adhesive materials.
Besides the fire destroying a part of the roof, we're also told there was water damage on the inside of the building.
Firefighters said it took at least three agencies to make sure the fire stayed out.
No injuries have been reported.