Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire damages Bond Street home in South Bend

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Several emergency crews lined Bond Street as heavy smoke poured out of a South Bend home.

Firefighters tell ABC57 that the flames sparked around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

The victims said they woke up to their smoke alarms going off and the smell of smoke.

Firefighters say the fire started in the basement. There was smoke and fire coming out of the basement windows when they arrived on the scene.

The fire remains under investigation.

Share this article: