Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire reported at dining hall on Notre Dame campus

Firefighters responded to a fire in the Recker's Restaurant in the South Dining Hall on the University of Notre Dame campus Thursday around 10:30 a.m.

According to the university, the fire was in the chimney of a pizza oven.

The building was evacuated for about an hour. Although the dining hall reopened, Recker's remains closed and is expected to remain closed the rest of the day.

There were no injuries.

Firefighters from Notre Dame, Clay and South Bend responded.

Although the fire did not cause a great deal of damage, there is some water damage to the chimney area.

Share this article: