Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Grease fire causes damage in Southwestern Michigan College dorm

Photo courtesy Dave Mathews

DOWAGIAC, Mich. -- A blaze at Southwestern Michigan College in Dowagiac was started by a grease fire Tuesday night. 

At approximately 9:39 p.m., a 911 call was made from McKenzie Hall.

SMC President Dave Mathews said the blaze was started by a grease fire in the kitchen of one of the dorms.

Mathews said the sprinkler system activated and put out the fire. 

There are no reported injuries at this time.

The investigation is ongoing.


Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?