Heart of Cook awards grants to 29 non-profit organizations
BRIDGMAN, Mich. -- The Heart of Cook awarded grants to 29 non-profit organizations during a reception at Cook Nuclear Plant on June 9.
The Heart of Cook is a fund held by the Berrien Community Foundation. A committee of Cook Nuclear Plant employees review all grant applications and make decisions.
The 29 organizations received a total of $78,561.
- The Acorn Center for the Performing Arts
- Advancing Christ’s Kingdom Ministries – Michigan City
- The Avenue Family Network
- Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety
- Benton Harbor Public Library
- Berrien Area Hockey Association
- Berrien Community Foundation
- Berrien County Youth Fair Association, Inc.
- Boy Scout Troop 603
- Bridgman Blessing in a Backpack
- Feeding America West Michigan
- Ferry Street Resource Center
- Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
- Green Bridge Browers
- HOPE Resources
- Lest We Forget
- Living Epistle Fellowship
- LOGAN Community Resources, Inc.
- Lory's Place
- Lybrook Elementary School
- Oronoko Charter Township
- Readiness Center
- The Region of Three Oaks Museum
- Senior Nutrition Services
- Spring Creek Horses Help Foundation
- St. Augustine of Canterbury Tiny Houses for Big Change
- St. Joseph High School Key Club
- St. Joseph Township Fire Department - Station # 1
- St. Margaret's House
- Summit Financial Wellness
- Three Oaks Township
- Vista Maria
- Youth Development Company/PAL
- YWCA of Greater Central Indiana